A few weeks ago, I shared my Mexican Wonton recipe.
I wanted to try this with an Italian twist. and boy was it yummy!
You will need:
- 1lb Italian sausage browned and drained
- 1 package wontons
- 1 12oz ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- spaghetti sauce- I used tomato, garlic and basil, but this is really your preference
- 1/2 cup Parm cheese
- garlic, oregano and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 2 muffin pans
- Mix the sausage, ricotta, egg, and other seasoning together in a bowl. add the amount of sauce you desire. (I did about 1/2 cup) set aside
- Place the wontons first in a square and then in a diamond shape. press in the muffin pan
- Spoon a small amount of sauce into each cup. then spoon in the mixture filling about 3/4 of the way full. Top each cup with shredded mozzarella
- Bake for about 10-12 min, the sides will be a golden brown.